Any good diets that work?

I need a diet that is easy to stick with. Any thoughts?

sugaree

Asked by sugaree at 5:30 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Health

• What worked for me was no diet it was a lifestyle change. I started eating clean, no white, its really easy, no white flour or sugar. I eat all the time, veggies , fruit, and lots of protein. Drink lots of water. I do cheat sometimes but thats ok. Good luck.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 5:34 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I just started using the food diary on livestrong.com. It's free and just seeing a count of my daily calories has helped me stop eating as much and become even more aware of what I am putting in my body. It also tracks how many you burn with daily activities (dishes) and exercise. Lifestyle change is the only way to lose it in a healthy manner and keep it off.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 5:39 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Sparkpeople.com is awesome! They give you a calorie counter, they tell you how many calories you need to burn, how many you need to eat, in order to reach your goal. Plus there are amazing testimonies that keep you motivated!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:44 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Start moving; do some sort of exercise, even walking, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least three times a week. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:29 PM on Jan. 27, 2011