Who has a knack for picking out paint colors? Please help!

I've narrowed it down to 2 - a warm tan/sand and a warm taupe/grey. I have white and creamy furniture (upholstered pieces), woods of different colors (case goods), hardwood floors and beautiful wood trim. Big windows, lots of light too. Not looking for high contrast, just something to offset the white a bit and add just a touch of warmth. Either color will actually work - what would you choose?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I would choose the tan/sand color. We went with a brownish grey (it was called bamboo) and we hate it. It looks dirty, dull. we want to repaint, but are to lazy to.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:41 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I also would go with the tan/sand color.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:46 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I think I would like both, but I would probably go with the taupe/gray to lessen to brown, and offset the white. But, the tan/sand might give you the effect you want better than the taupe/gray would. Can you post pics of the colors (like the little paint chip things)?
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:31 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I am also picking paint. Paint a large swatch of each color on several places in the room-brightly lit areas and some less so- Paint them side by side- it's really easy to make a choice that way-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:40 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• While I like tuape/grey, I think you'll come closer to the warm effect you want from the tan/sand.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:58 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Tan and sand
    mtnaspen

Answer by mtnaspen at 6:20 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• tan & sand
    mamagoose524

Answer by mamagoose524 at 7:12 PM on Jan. 28, 2011