what to do? no clue

my sister and I had our exchange of words. She is upset that her husband isn't welcomed to our home. She thinks everyone blames her/her husband for things but in reality its all the whole truth. It must hurt. She told me her family wanted to be alone. She said that she would let us know what gender her unborn baby is once she finds out. She is due in June. I have sent her e-mails to try to keep in touch and work things out between us. I /my kids onlyget the silent treatment. I think its cruel and cold-hearted of her/him both. She doesn't reply back. So she wants to ignore me/kids now , then think everything is gonna be okay 5 entire months later is when she'll want us to see baby in Altoona and get baby gifts? I don't think so. She doesn't even IM me nor her neices to see how we are. what would you do? I hate people who act like stuck up snobs!!

diamondsarecool

Asked by diamondsarecool at 5:33 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• I would ignore her and her husband and move on. My sister would never be a bitch like that.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 5:36 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• She is upset. She fells that she is backing her husband. Whatever the problem is with your family and hers, needs to be resolved. Not just between you and your sister. Be as civil as you can with them. Keep then line of communication open, make sure that when/if she is ready to talk, you are there. Be the bigger person. I know that can be tough, but in the end, you'll want to be a part of your sisters life, and you'll want her In yours.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:38 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• i do keep my e-mail account and IM account open. Everytime she takes things the wrong ways, she'll block her account against us. That prevents kids from keeping in touch with cousins and cousins don't get e-mails from my kids. Kids haven't even done anything to either of them nor to cousins. It's pathetic!!
    diamondsarecool

Comment by diamondsarecool (original poster) at 5:42 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I would go to her house & ask her personally if she would attend family counseling in order to help you both understand each other better & try to make compromises.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:43 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I've been trying to resolve things for a long while. She and he just keep shutting me/kids out.
    diamondsarecool

Comment by diamondsarecool (original poster) at 5:44 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• money would be an issue with them. he only works part-time and they live off of both kids ssi check and one child support check. plus they get PA programs including free food from 4 food banks, yes 4 of them. What pride is that? Some kind of "role models"
    diamondsarecool

Comment by diamondsarecool (original poster) at 5:47 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I have to say all this depends on why her husband isnt allowed in your house. Only if he did something truelly and utterly awful is it ok to ban him from the house. And if its something stupid and petty I would be doing the exact same thing your sister is.
    Anonymous

• i doubt he would let me in the house. he would call the cops and declare me trespassing. He is A BIGTIME ____________!
    diamondsarecool

Comment by diamondsarecool (original poster) at 5:50 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• She'll only side with him. My husband don't mind if kids and her come to our home. I agree with my hubby. She says if her hubby can't come here then neither is she nor her boys.. I say whatever.
    diamondsarecool

Comment by diamondsarecool (original poster) at 5:52 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• he sent volgur riddled e-mails and im messages that my kids could of seen and read. We took this very offensive because of our kids. they don't need to see trashy words nor read his trashy mouth. His response was "oh well." Oh hell no!!! he threatened my husband to go to altoona to face him personally. He said we were hiding behind our computer screen. don't know why cause we replied back to them and told them our piece of mind. Go figure . my hubby offered to meet him half way. Candyass coward out. If he came to our home all hell would break loose. That's why i told my sister and her husband to keep him away from our home.. I don't know why my sister has to put us between our husbands scrap.
    diamondsarecool

Comment by diamondsarecool (original poster) at 6:06 PM on Jan. 27, 2011