How can I get my 11 month year old to sleep at bedtime instead of playing

When I place her down to sleep she rolls over and sits up to play instead of sleeping.

linluvv

Asked by linluvv at 5:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• lol. at least she isn't crying! Try having a relaxing bed time routine. Lotion, dim lights, story, bed. Also make sure he is getting good and worn out during the day. Lots of outside time and exploring.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:39 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• maybe shes not quite ready for bed when you lay her down?i would say as long as shes not getting up and running around the room..quiet play is okay.maybe its her way of winding down to be able to fall asleep.
    maybe help herwind down by reading her a couple books and cuddling before laying her down.
    good luck!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:41 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Thanks ladies, that was really helpful. I think when she naps too long during the day she's not tired out.
    linluvv

Comment by linluvv (original poster) at 6:12 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• That's fine!

Answer by rkoloms at 7:27 AM on Jan. 28, 2011