age ?

HEY! Ladies need some help about "the talk " at what age your think is good to talk to you about Sex my daughter she's 10 but her 13 years aunt is prenant that's scared me alot i need some advice from all the mom i 'm a single mom with no famalie close by

bj305

Asked by bj305 at 5:46 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• for your daughter - now!
    Anonymous

• I told mine at 9

Answer by gemgem at 5:47 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• It is an on going discussion at our house but the big talk about how bodies work will be at 8 or 9 and we will go into more detail at 11 or so and then move more into relationships stuff around 13.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:48 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I also think if they are old enough to ask they are old enough to know because something has triggered the question. I will talk about those things as they come up.
    But_Mommie

• You really need to talk to your daughter now, especially if she is close to her aunt. They are going to be a lot of changes, and your daughter might go ask someone else if you aren't telling her.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:50 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I had this same question a couple years ago! lol I don't think there is an exact age..you just know when is a good time. For me, it was when my son started asking tons of questions...then I knew I had to have "the talk".
    The first time we had a serious talk about it was just after her had turned 10.He's almost 11 now. Man..that was like the hardest thing ever!!! I just went to th elibrary got a bunch of books on the topic, gave them to him to read and told him when he wa sdone, to let me know and I would answer any questions that he had.It took him about a week. Then I picked one book and sat down with him and started talking to him..using th epictures and words in the books to help make it easier.
    Now..his questions come easier and I don't feel so awkward talking to him about it.
    GOOD LUCK!!!!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:51 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• thank you
    bj305

Comment by bj305 (original poster) at 6:01 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I'll be talking to DD beginning when she's 4 or 5, so I would say now. The sooner the better, IMO.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:26 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Time to have that talk. And tell her your expextations.

Answer by louise2 at 6:26 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Now would be a real good time to have it and in the context of "this is why you don't have sex until after you are married." That's exactly the way I had "the talk" with my daughter, only it wasn't a one-time thing. I had it with her many, many times, and I started way before she was 10. Want to know the results of my teaching her that way? She got married when she was 31, and she had saved herself for her husband, who was also 31 and had saved himself for his wife. That was 6 1/2 years ago, and they now have two beautiful little boys that I am proud to call my grand-sons, and she is one of the happiest women you would ever want to meet. Many was the time she told me that guys wanted to marry someone like herself, but most seemed to want to date the "other kind." She was a very wise young woman, and I am thankful beyond all measure that she listened to her mama and did not have to suffer the way so many young women are.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:28 PM on Jan. 27, 2011