I am currently unemployed and thinking about starting a home based business. What is the best way to quickly build a team of customers/consultants

MChildressDem

Asked by MChildressDem at 5:47 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Money & Work

• I would say social networking! Start a FB page for your business and start with your friends and family. Then start adding some of their friends and do searches for random people you think might be interested in what you have to offer. Good luck with your business!
    jalvarez626

Answer by jalvarez626 at 5:51 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• If you find a products or service people want and/or need....that will help a lot when getting started. I sell candles and that has been great for me. I do fundraising for local organizations and I have tons of repeat/word of mouth customers. BUT...not everyone wants to sell or buy candles. In my area I'm the only distributor so that my products different(Plus they are great candles!!).

how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 6:25 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• That depends on your business

Answer by rkoloms at 6:36 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I am a stay at home mom and was looking for something i could do in my spare time while my kids were at school or maybe out with dad :). A friend told me about doing offers and surveys i was a little skepticl about it what if they call me what will i do this don't make alot of money look at this!. So I signed up anyway. I am not one to judge a book by it's cover.

I am glad i made this decision because i signed up for a free voicemail service and i started filling them out :) 2 hours a day 4 days a week i made 100.00 for a month and then I started filling out more and more and getting people to sign up and making a percent off of them. I cannot wait to get my next check!. Thanks for reading this I wanted to tell everyone how well this has worked out for me

Your Friend

If your intrested in signing up go to my website www.letsworkathome.zoomshare.com or e-mail me at famedcheeze@yahoo.com or on cafemom hope to hear from y
    2_kiddos

Answer by 2_kiddos at 6:54 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• 2 hours a day 4 days a week i made 100.00 for a month

So basically you worked for a little over $3 an hour. Yeah, that sounds like a great company to join.
    Anonymous

• Anon....I was just thinking about that, if you multiply 8(hours per week) by 4.3(how you average monthly income)=34.4 hours then you divide $100.00 by 34.4=$2.91 per hour. So how do the taxes work for all that I wonder..... 

how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 7:18 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Social networking is great, I have met a lot of new friends and customers this way. I would recommend you find something that you are passionate about and a product that you believe in. This makes your business a lot easier! If you like make-up then Mary Kay, avon, etc.. I myself love candles, so I chose a Gold Canyon. Also, remember that you need to treat everyone as friends and not customers. Always be excited about your business and share it with everyone you come in contact with! You can get FREE business cards, flyers, etc ... from Vista print. you just pay for shipping. I hope this is helpful, let me know if you have any questions.

Tiffany
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 8:58 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Well how you advertise and market the products and company really depends on the company. Certain things I've suggested for Avon and such with lawn signs, car decals, postcards, free samples, may not be feasable for let's say passion parties.....so find customers and your TARGET customer will steer you in the direction you need to look. If you are selling kids toys, you target mothers, if it's makeup/skin care, you can target those that go to salons, spas, etc etc...if you sell Pampered Chef, you want to sell to those that enjoy cooking. Someone who buys makeup may not know how to make mac n cheese and not care about pampered chef, lol.

Finding other reps to join can be difficult, you should spend time learning to sell the product and sell well before recruiting, so that you can teach them YOUR tricks in order to make them successful. Too many people sign you up and are never heard from again.....CONT
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:17 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• ...CONT....then they wonder why their reps have very little sales and they only make $1 or so on their downline's sales. You have to really take it seriously and mentor and educate CONSTANTLY in order to make a downline a success, when they do well you do well.

But finding a downline can be difficult. So many ladies have tried direct sales companies with little to no success. Or they know people who have and left those companies with no success.....so a lot of people will say NO....you'll hear 100 no's to get to 1 yes. Same is true with sales. Avon even tells their reps for every 100 brochures you get out there, you can expect 1 sale. And what happens when you did the work to get 100 brochures out there and the 1 sale you get is 1 99cent cream???? You lost money!

It's a tough business
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:20 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I own my own business from home and it really just depends on what you are going to do. What kind of business are you doing?
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 10:52 AM on Jan. 28, 2011