Divorced parents?

I am 29 yrs old. My parents are divorced and cannot be in the same room together. I feel torn because many events have to be seperate and both mom and dad feel neglected. I want to scream. I always try to accomodate them both but it's not working. I haven't seen my mom in about a month and she actually has the day off to come and see me, on the same day my dad has a training and wants to stay over. What do I do? I want to see my mommy but feel bad about my dad.

jen2774161

Asked by jen2774161 at 5:52 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• I feel you. My parents have been divorced for 30 years and still can not be in the same place together without my mom being bitchy. Would it be possible to accomadate times? Maybe see your mom during the day and your dad stay over at night?
    I know for my son's 1st birthday, I reminded them that they were adults and needed to start acting like it. I said "you don't have to like each other, but you need to treat each other with respect" I thought that was very funny because that is what I say to my students too.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:56 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Have your dad stay over & meet your mom out somewhere & spend some time with her. If your dad is spending the night, you'll have plenty of time to hang with him after your outing with your mom.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:56 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I know its a bit different but have you thoght of fsmily counceling-just to help them get along enough to see you and ????grandchildren
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 12:13 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I would tell them that they need to deal with it for the sake of their child and their grandchild(ren).
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 12:54 PM on Jan. 28, 2011