bells palsy

I suffered from bells palsy in the summer ,and although the disfigurment of the illness has passed I am left with a painful eyebrow bone ,cheek bone and lip on one side . I have been to the doctor about it and she said although it isnt normal she is not overly concerned ,has this happend to anyone else who has suffered from bells palsy . I am worried about having dental treatment in the future especially if I need to be numbed on that side .

loulou332

Asked by loulou332 at 4:10 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Health

• so sorry you had to go through this.. last year my neighbor had that, she ended up having lime disease, anyway, once she had feeling back even 2 months after she looked normal again she said she was having like a numbness in the area. Which her doctor said was normal. If that helps at all. good luck and I wish you health!

Kerinmomof2

Answer by Kerinmomof2 at 4:52 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• what is limes disease ?
    loulou332

Answer by loulou332 at 5:14 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• It's a disease you get when you get bite by a deer tick. I don't know if they have it in the UK. Even though you face may go back to normal it may take months to feel better from bells palsy. Keep a eye on it and if there are any changes go back to the Dr.
    mom4jads

Answer by mom4jads at 6:48 PM on Nov. 14, 2008