Do you think pedophiles/rapists can be rehabilitated?

I don't. If I had it my way, I'd just line up and kill all serious criminals and send a message to everyone not to screw around. I know, not that easy....What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:07 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Let me tell you as a nurse I had to work with some of thoses grose pedophile (I think the hardest thing I had to do) Do you know -well in NYState but i think that is a federal crime it should be anyways the maximum they usually stay in jail and this is for a past multiple offenders with horrific crimes is four years four years for for ever ruining a child. They need to be put in a cabin with their d*** in a vise set the cabin on fire and give him a huge knife, only wa out is to chop it off. I hated treating these people like tey were heros (I worked for the Va if we mistreated anyone we would be fired) They need to be putr on an island with sharks around it to way out let them live their.
    ***Sorry-this gets me going Everyoine who reads this please google pedophiles and you will type in wwhere you live and you will be amazed how close to you they are! And there are women too!!!!
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 9:17 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Nope. I took a psych class and one of them had to do with this issue. There is absolutely no way to rehab a sexual predators. Ways we do have to help lower their desires (gross) are considered cruel and unusual (chemical castration) so unless the offended agrees to it on their own odds are it wont be done. Even if they do agree there are ways around it (taking hormones for instance) and even if they dont get around it some still have their sick desires.
    There are only two solutions

1. A bullet through the head
    2. An island where we can send them all off together.

Answer by gemgem at 6:10 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• NOPE!! The only reason why they appear to be "rehabilitated" in prison, is because there aren't any pre-pubescent girls (or boys) hanging around the prison!! Once they have access to what "floats their boat" they are quick to re-offend!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:12 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• No, I don't think they ever can be.  Do any of their victims ever actually 'recover', no.  I say being in prison is a slap in the face to everyone.  We pay for them to eat and be housed.  Bs. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 6:09 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Line them up & shoot em! Pisses me off that OUR tax dollars go twd. rehab., prison etc.. Hell, give me the job!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 6:25 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• No, I took criminal justice in college and have extensively studied behavioral science and they can not be cured any more than you can be told to be attracted to the same sex because opposite was wrong.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:25 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• No way!! And I think that they should all be sent to a prison where the other inmates rare told that they raped and killed kids ( even if they didn't. Because for a lot of criminals, that is unforgiveable, and those that do defile children, are defiled or killed themselves in prison) prison justice.. Or something like that?.
    Why cant we just send them to a deserted island, and never bring them back? Just let them die of starvation and thirst?
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 6:32 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Hell, bring our troops home from Afghanistan and send their sorry asses over there! Let them face torture and death and see what it's like!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 6:46 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Nope
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 6:08 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• No!
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 6:40 PM on Jan. 27, 2011