dilation

I had my app today. I am almost 36 weeks and 2 cm dilated and 50‰ effaced,or faced,whatever that means. How dilated were you around this time and fast have you progressed when you had your baby?

crouse3

Asked by crouse3 at 6:10 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• At my 35 week check up I was 2cm dilated and 90% effaced. I then dilated to a 3cm and 100% effaced at my 37 week check up. Ended up going in when I was 40 weeks and 5 days pregnant to be induced, when I got there I was a 4cm, was in labor for 1 1/2 days, dilated to a 9cm, and got rushed to have an emergency c-section due to my daughters heart rate dropping.

Congratulations && good luck :)
    PrdWifeNMom07

Answer by PrdWifeNMom07 at 6:19 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I dont dilate til 37 weeks but once I hit that 37week mark then baby comes within a couple days..with my 2nd baby I went into preterm labor at 28 weeks due to toxemia and dilated to a 3 and then at 37 weeks my water broke.

Baby 1- 37 w 5 d
    Baby 2- 37 w 0 d
    Baby 3- 37 w 2 d
    angelluvgoddess

Answer by angelluvgoddess at 6:25 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I don't get checked in my pregnancies.
    Are you having complications?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 6:54 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I was about that for a month with my first, she was a week late. WIth my son I was 3 cm dialated at like 36 weeks, and 50% effaced, and was 5 cm dialated at 38 weeks, he was nine days late.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 7:24 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Dilation is really no determination of when you'll go into labor. I don't even know why doctors check so much. You can walk around 4cm dilated for weeks. Or you can go from tight, closed, and high to having a baby 6 hours later. Don't put too much stock into your dilation, except to confirm to yourself that your body is working.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 8:45 PM on Jan. 27, 2011