im 29 weeks and 3 days pregnant.....

and i keep getting braxton hicks contractions. is this normal at 29 weeks??

Tricia737

Asked by Tricia737 at 6:20 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• u and me have the same due date but anyways i have read that it is normal to and some people start having them alot earlier on than 29 weeks
    djsmommy13

Answer by djsmommy13 at 6:27 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• yea i started getting them at 26 weeks
    Tricia737

Comment by Tricia737 (original poster) at 6:32 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Oh yes!!! I'm having them LOTS and frequent. Im 30 weeks pregnant.

20andPregnant90

Answer by 20andPregnant90 at 6:53 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Yep. I get them from about 20 weeks on. As long as you aren't having more than 4 in an hour, it is not really something to worry about. If they increase above 4 in an hour, you should call your doctor. But it is completely normal to have BH in the second half of pregnancy.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 8:43 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• It is very common to develop bh contraction as early as 5 months. Make sure you drink plenty of fluids because dehydration causes contractions. When I was pregnant with my 2nd baby I started at 5 months, what you need to watch for is frequency, timing, length. How often are you having them, how close together are they, and how long do they last. Do they hurt. If you start having contractions that are 10 min or less apart and last longer than a couple of hours, don't go away when you rest and last 1.5+ min in length. and or very painful. You may want to go to OB to get checked out. My BH turned into preterm labor in my 8th month.

Good Luck!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 10:04 PM on Jan. 27, 2011