Livid!

We have had our dog for 5 years, she has always been able to run around ( we live in the middle of nowhere) and have never had a problem. She does bark a lot, but she is an awesome guard dog. Well, our neighbors don't like her barking and have even threatened to shoot her! She is now tied up in our front yard and she is just sitting next to the house while the snow piles up on her. We put her dog house out there, but she won't move. :( to make matters worse, is our neighbors are my brother in law and sister in law. They keep calling my dh parents (my sil parents) complaining. Grow up! She is a dog, she is going to bark, and with her being s guard dog, we want her to bark..... she is part of our family and it isn't fair to have her tied up just sitting in the snow. We have had to deal with them shooting guns and waking the kids up, having drunk people hang off their porch and being unbelievably loud.... It just makes me so mad!!! Idk what to do.

BabyBugsmama

Asked by BabyBugsmama at 6:30 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• If barking is the problem why does it need to be tied up? What kinda dog? We live in the boonies and have our own host of problems with neighbors, neighbors we didn't have till recently but we were able to find some sort of solution. I already had to keep one dog tied due to cattle chasing and refuse to have to do another.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 7:08 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• if they are doing worse things then i would let the dog be happy, untie it, and let them deal. if they shoot her you can call the cops.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 8:12 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• call the cops forget the parents they cant threaten to shoot your dog!!!! they are horrible people -call them when they are drunk tell them drunks bother you
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 11:59 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I don't know, and they have two dogs of their own. His parents only want to make everyone happy and I guess that means tieing our dog up. She is a Siberian husky. She is a really sweet dog. We live in the country so there are coyotes and other nasty animals, which is why she barks. They only two solutions they see is to tie her up, or shoot her. She is a digger so s fence would do nothing, we had an underground fence which didn't do anything bc she would get past the zapping and after so far lose the connection so it'd stop bothering her. And she is so depressed being tied up.
    BabyBugsmama

Comment by BabyBugsmama (original poster) at 7:54 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Let her in the house, sometimes and house train her also.
    I also agree with the others,

THEY CAN NOT SHOOT HER !!

SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 1:29 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I would make her a house dog, or a basement dog. Your neighbors sound like rednecks, sorry. That's unfair for an animal to have to be tied up. I wouldn't let the dog continue to stay outside because if they are already threatening to shoot her, they may get the idea to poison her. It happens all the time. Neighbors hate a dog and then give it posion.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:43 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I have a coonhound and it's bark is horrible, but they can not shoot the dog unless they are in physical harm. I have had the police at my house more times then I can count, mine had a problem chasing cattle. Have you thought about a shock collar? I was against it but someone did shoot my other dog (who was not a problem at all) and decided that even though I hated the thought of it I would prefer that over a dead dog.

The police did explain that it is illegal to shot the dog...period when they did the investigation so I would call the police and report the threats and see exactly what the laws are in your area. Family or not, you threaten mine, including my dog, I will not sit back and take that lightly.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 10:10 AM on Jan. 28, 2011