At what age does sex stop? Is it an age thing or a mind/body thing?

Got remarried after 15 yrs of being widowed. Husband was also a widower after 4 yrs of being alone. I am 59 and he is 73. We will be married two years in April. He takes no meds except for Arthritis Medicine once in awhile. (Cold outside). When we first got married, after he chased me for over 2 yrs., everything was fine and dandy. I fell hook,line and sinker. He awoke feelings in me I never knew I had. To not have sex never bothered me until now. He was such a gentle caring person. Seems like after a few months, he just quit everything. He had me where he wanted me. He took Cialis for awhile but quit and said they weren't doing him any good. But also the cuddling, kissing and all stopped. He is very healthy for his age. Testosterone is good for his age. I am beginning to think that he had this all planed and just used sex to get me, to be his caregiver or house keeper. I am beginning to think there is something wrong with me and i offended him somehow. He won't talk about it. (old school). Says he loves me, but sure doesn't show it anymore and all in less than 2 years. When his kids are around he kisses me and shows off like he is a real hottie. Bedtime consist of TV and snoring. Daytime is computer. He gets mad at me if I try to talk to him. I guess it is an age thing and they just quit. Told me him and his deceased wife had sex at least once a week before she died. Did I make a mistake? Maybe he misses his wife. They we're married for 43 yrs. Don't know what to do but be miserable. I would even take the cuddling. He will try to make out with me sometimes during the day, but at bedtime he keeps his distance. More so after losing job after 21 and 1/2 yrs. but we do ok financially. He watches tv in bed until mostly midnight everynight.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• I think its more of a mind/body thing. and maybe hes just gotten to the point hes too tierd for it or just is disinteresed? Talk to himi..talk at him if he wont listen. Tell him maybe u understnad the no sex thing but u need some kind of intimacy from him because u are feeling exteremly lonely.
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 6:41 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• It's all in the brain!!
    Anonymous

• What a sad situation. Please see a couples counselor. If he won't go, go alone

Answer by rkoloms at 10:41 PM on Jan. 27, 2011