Child Abuse Awareness Month Project

I am going to school to become a social worker and my focus is on CPS. For my Child Welfare Class we are each coming up with our own project for Child Abuse Awareness Month, the goal is to raise awareness....Any ideas?

Ive thought about the bracelets, ribbons (possibly with initials on them), posters that pluck at your heart strings....More ideas would be wonderful!

NessGuinness

Asked by NessGuinness at 6:42 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'm not sure how your project is to be displayed, but maybe doing a tear drop for however many kids were abused in your community last year. The poster idea is a good one. My brain isn't working tonight sorry I can't think of anything else.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 6:53 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• You should make brochures that tell the signs of child abuse and contact numbers and also make magnets aswell with the numbers on them or anonymous tip lines. just print out on stickers and place storebought magnets and cut out. so easy and people will be more inclined to take one.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 6:54 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• if you have the means, I would make a "commercial"...............sometimes people dont like seeing the cold hard truth but it needs to be seen to save lives........
    OurHeartsAwait

Answer by OurHeartsAwait at 7:39 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• We had something in our town. volunteers stood on corners in front of business and had signs that said like: "McDonald's says NO to CHILD ABUSE" or WALGREENS says NO to CHILD ABUSE! It created quite a stir, and really raised people's awareness level. It would take a little footwork and a little organization, but that's one idea. There were people on every street in our town with those signs! I was the State Children's Awareness Program Manager for the California Jaycee Women, and we did projects like this all the time. Another thing is to work with your police department to go to grade schools and show the kids what abuse is and what they should do about it, in an assembly. The only problem with this is that you will get a lot of unfounded reports from the kids, but if it saves just one kid's life-it's worth it.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 2:23 AM on Jan. 28, 2011