what to do about teenage attitude and disrespect

my sons girlfriend lives with us and she treats me badly talk about me when i am not around acts like i am a evil b*tch and then has the nerve to ask to use my computer asks if she is looking for a job does she have to still go to work on the weekends and i asked how she planned on paying rent if she didnt have a job because she is living in our sons house that we are paying for and then she gets mad and said it was sh*t and said she just wanted to shop and hang out but she moved down here to be an adult and live like one and now doesnt want to be one she left her mother in michigan and i treat her like one of ours but its so hard when she treats me this way

angiebaby95

Asked by angiebaby95 at 6:47 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• Tell her to go to the local library, and use their computers,. You don't have to take her disrespect and I would call her on it, EVERY time! Tell your son that you don't want her around you until she learns to respect you, and you don't have to accept her because she is NOT your child, your children don't treat you like this do they? Tell her that NOBODY lives for free, and you expect her to pay you XXX amount every 1st of the month or take her ass back to her Mommy. You don't care if she has to work 7 days a week to make the pay, you don't care where she works, you expect to see that money the first of the month! After the fifth, you can start adding a penalty, and give her a 48 hour notice to quit or pay rent. I would teach that little bitch some respect real quick.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 7:07 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Well, does she live with you or does she live with your son in his house that you are paying for? A little confused here... If it was MY house, she would not be there and my son could go with her if he didn't like it.. If he is grown, I wouldn't be paying for the house..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:58 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• How can you allow this immature little brat to treat you this way in your own home? You need to put your foot down & tell her she needs to leave if she cannot get a job & respect you & like midnght said, tell your son to leave with her if he doesn't like it. I would not tolerate that in my on home, hell no!

She treats you that way because you let her. You need to be a bitch back to her & tell her how you run your home & if she does not like it, then she needs to leave.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:09 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• midnight she lives in the house with our son that we pay for but he pays rent to us to ,ok mama no my children dont talk to me that way thats why it bothers me so much she is not even family and i am allowing her to stay there and she just throws it in my face
    angiebaby95

Comment by angiebaby95 (original poster) at 9:49 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• hello we talked and told her it aint happening and that shit needs to change and david is taking her to a counselor to get meds she said she has anxiety and i think bipolar or depression thats why she is so bitchy and upset all the time .she grew up with a lot of family and child hood abuse and neglect and from where she came from now she lives like a queen whne we just gave her what any parent would give a child but i guess it was to much at once because now she expects it thanks for your opnions its glad to know i wasnt the only one thinking that way
    angiebaby95

Comment by angiebaby95 (original poster) at 11:21 PM on Jan. 27, 2011