Anyone own a smartcycle?

My mom is planning to buy one for my daughter for Christmas, but I noticed it got some bad reviews. Anyone own one? Do your children like it? Would you recommend it? Thanks!

toriandgrace

Asked by toriandgrace at 4:17 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i got one for my daughter last year for christmas she was 3.5..she absolutely LOOOOVES it..she still uses it now..we've never had any sort of problems with it..it is annoying how it has to be plugged in to the tv..especially since the tv in the living room, the plugs are all in the back..so its in my room where the plugs for it are on the front of the tv...but ya, my girl loves it still..she didnt use it much during summer, cuz she was outside..but for rainy or cold winter days, she uses it everyday! great excersize, great learning..i highly reccommend it!! :)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 6:30 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I gave it to my stepsons last year for Chanukah. They were 3 and 5 at the time. I was sooooooo excited over it, and they loved it at first. One of the pedals kept coming off which was hugely annoying. I think the main problem with ours was that it wasn't RIGHT THERE - we had it hooked to a tv upstairs. I think if it'd been RIGHT THERE all the time, they would have used it more.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 4:28 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I dont like video games period. I know its an exercising learning game, but I just dont see why they cant go outside and play with siblings or friends or mommy and daddy and sing ABCs and count, etc
    Kelly_n_Payton

Answer by Kelly_n_Payton at 6:10 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• My son got one for Christmas last year. It is great for rainy days! He loves the games and has actually learned quite a bit. It is good exercise while educating a the same time, for those times when you can't get outside. Also, prior to the smart cycle I put my son on a bike and he was clueless as to peddaling. After playing with the smartcycle last winter, he learned how to pedal, and all last summer rode a bike outside, just after turning three. I reccommend it.
    Johnathonsmomy

Answer by Johnathonsmomy at 1:04 PM on Nov. 16, 2008