Anyone else have edema????

A.K.A. swelling of the legs? They are KILLING me but my doc doesn't seem to think that i have it......what should I do?

shanapiv

Asked by shanapiv at 6:59 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• yes! drink lots of water!
    janeosborne

Answer by janeosborne at 7:23 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• limit your salt intake and put your feet up when ever you can :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:10 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Make sure you're getting enough potassium, drink lots of water, cut back on sodium and caffeine, minimize standing for long periods of time, and keep cool if you live in a warm climate. Some swelling of the feet, ankles, and legs during pregnancy is normal but if it's excessive or if there is swelling in your face or hands too, then it could be pre eclampsia. If that happens, call your Dr and if he won't listen, get a 2nd opinion. Cold water soaks or ice packs can help reduce swelling in feet. Good luck!
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 7:24 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• What helped for me was putting my legs up, having my legs massaged back toward my body, limiting my salt intake, and putting lemon in EVERYTHING I drank. (I would go through 3 or 4 lemons a day toward the end of pregnancy.) You should also drink MORE water, sounds like the opposite of what you'd want to do, I know, but drinking lots of water helps the swelling go down, because it makes you pee more and helps clean your body.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 8:41 PM on Jan. 27, 2011