Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

visitation with no address WTF

My fiance and I are happy but one problem when we got serious in our relationship his childs mother vanished .She collects child support that is taken out of his paycheck and health insurance and thats fine but here is the kicker now its both my fiance and his sons birthday and they are without each other .we went to the domestic relation office we were told that unless we had her address there was nothing we could do .we know she still lives in the county next to our because to add insult his picture was in the news paper saying happy birthday .I have mine and i have a good arrangment with the father of mine .And my fincee is not violent nor does he have a record of any sort he is a correctional officer and a teady bear stepfather .This xmass was a torture for us because of this


Asked by hush84 at 7:33 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 9 (359 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (15)
  • He should take her back to court to establish visitation, then if she doesn't show, she'll be in contempt and if she does show, then visitation will be set up by the judge and she will have to abide by it or be in contempt. When she's found in contempt of court, she goes to jail and then the father will get custody.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

  • Shouldn't the lawyer who negotiated the visitation and child support to begin with be able to find her and enforce the visitation? I don;t know how it works but it seems people can call to have child support changed and visitation changed so why not do that. Call for a new arrangement to ensure it is being enforced.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

  • Isn't it domestics job to track people down, I mean if the dad isn't paying his part they track him down. Maybe consult a lawyer?

    Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 7:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

  • Child support and visitation are 2 different things. If you never had a lawyer to set up the visitation, now you're going to have to go that route.

    Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 7:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

  • oh good luck girl my ex gets our sonevery other weekend he doesnt pay support and wont give anyone an address i called domestic and told them where he picked my son up oon the weekendand they said they cant just arrest him

    Answer by jodi205 at 7:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

  • Try to contact one of her relatives and get her address.

    Answer by Misteh at 7:39 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

  • yea ok like relatives r going to give her up

    Answer by jodi205 at 7:40 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

  • its messed up i know and no they never went to court for visitation because she was allways leaving the kid with him but 4yrs later when she saw he moved on and was seriouse she vanished

    Comment by hush84 (original poster) at 7:41 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

  • child support and visitation should go hand in hand no support no visitation

    Answer by jodi205 at 7:43 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

  • She's collecting his support somehow, so they know how to find her. You need an atty. to est. visitation rights in an actual court order. GL

    Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:44 PM on Jan. 27, 2011