child molester and visits

So visitation was never ordered threw court and my boyfriend found that the new step father of the his kid is a register child molestor so he tells her get ride of him she doesnt she lives in housing and never reported him so they kicked her out and she is no where to be found and he hasnt seen his son the entire winter WHAT TO DO my boyfriend is going crazy the cops wont help because they say it is not kidnapping

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• The cops should be helping. If he is a registered sex offender and he hasn't registered an address he can be arrested. If he was convicted of child abuse most likely he can't live in the same house as a child and the cops should also be looking for him for that. If she knows this about him she is aiding and abetting a criminal. I am not sure why the cops aren't helping if he really is a convicted sex offender. I am sorry I don't have any other real advice. Talk to a lawyer about it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:49 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• its horrible all the cops did was asked the property manager if that man lived there and she said no the cops faxed her a picture of him and she knocked on her door and saw him there and had her evacuate the premesis asap but no one was arrested its messed up i think she knows we can take the kid away from her and we will not for her but for the kid
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:53 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I would contact a lawyer and see what they suggest you do. I am sorry you are dealing with this. That is crazy!!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:55 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• oh my goodness this is crazy im so sorry to hear this. yes i would contact a couple lawyers get different opinions find out what all of your options are. I wish you and your husband the best and I hope that the two of you can get full custody of his son.
    sophiasmommy720

Answer by sophiasmommy720 at 8:02 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Call a lawyer!
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 8:08 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• GET A LAWYER ASAP
    ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 8:44 PM on Jan. 27, 2011