Periods a week late today but got 2 negative test. When should i re test?

Like my question say today im a late week for AF and i took a test on monday it was negative and i took one today and still negative. When would be a good time to take another ? and also when should i call the doctor (do i wait till next month and see if my period ever comes or should i notify him and tell him next week). i also think if i am pregnant that it was the first or second week of this month.

Cherriemama831

Asked by Cherriemama831 at 7:48 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If you think you are go ahead and call your doctor and ask for the blood test. The same thing happened to me with my first test, I took 4 home test and they all were negative but when I went to the doctor he said I was. GL
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 7:55 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I would call the doctor an make an appiontment
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 7:55 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I typically wait a week. If nothing by cycle day 40, then I call the doctor. Try a different brand of test and/or a different time of day. (They say first morning urine is best, but I've found that sometimes the second of third pee of the day is better to test.)
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 8:33 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• ok thank yea it hink ill wait til next week test again and if its still neg call the doc, i dunno im just kinda worried cuz like i said i never miss a period they are very regular (u can set ur watch by em) I read that an ectopic pregnancy doesnt always show a postive test cuz low hormones, so i dont want that to be the case and im unaware of it ... i just want to be put at ease either way pos or neg . I hate waiting
    Cherriemama831

Comment by Cherriemama831 (original poster) at 8:57 PM on Jan. 27, 2011