If you were going to Florida on summer break for 30 days would you just stay in one area or try to see more of Florida

oh by the way we have 4 children ages 2,9,11,15 and we already have passes for most attractions in Orlando

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Travel

• I do a loop-there are many beautiful spots especially on the Gulf side. So much to see
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:16 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• If I had 30 days I would be trying to see as many different part of Florida as I could, it would be good for the kids as well to see so much instead of just the one area. It could be very fun. Plan ahead, also leave room for some spontaneity. Don't try to cram so many places at once then it just becomes stressful. But if you plan on staying in one main location and branching out. You could rest for a couple of days in your main location for a couple of days then spend a day in the new location, go back rest, then go to the next. I hope you have a fun time!
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 8:17 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• probably go to different spots. Since 30 days is rather long. And teh kids do get bored. Whatever you feel like doing.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 8:22 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I'd try different places, but it's hard to see it all. I would not go further south than Orlando in the summer. There's a lot to Florida other than Orlando and the attractions.An airboat ride is a good idea. Do not go to the Gulf side in summer, it's unbearably hot and humid. Try going to a beach on the Atlantic side. Daytona Beach has great rates for right on the beach. Climb the Ponce Inlet Lighthouse just south of there and visit the Marine Science Museum, see where turtles are rehabilitated and released. Visit one of the springs, like Blue Springs, though in summer you won't see many manatees.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:24 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• One can't be beat attraction in Orlando is the Dolphin Encounter at Sea World.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:25 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I would drive all over the state- But that's just me- I like to see everywhere!! I have never beeen to Key West!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 9:39 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I would see as much as possible. We were only there for 2 weeks. and stayed in Tampa, Fort Myers and Ft. Lauderdale. I'm glad we traveled
    batjmom

Answer by batjmom at 12:52 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• yes, definitley.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 5:29 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• If I were staying for 30 days I'd explore more than one area.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 6:19 PM on Jan. 29, 2011