Would you be pissed if...

your friend would keep on saying things to your two year old like : Poor thing, your mom forces you to wear a helmet while biking, or poor thing, she over bundled you...and plants seeds and thoughts in your child's mind that you're a bad parent....I don't freakin go to her son and say poor kid, your mom did blah blah blah...I think she crosses the line in respecting what I do with my child....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• if anyone said "poor thing" to my kid for anything other than his knee is busted open or his pet died, I'd be pretty pissed.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 8:23 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I would be replacing the friend. It is not her place to be feeding her opinions with your child.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 8:24 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• i would talk to her about it and if she didnt stop the friendship would.
    ncmomma3152

Answer by ncmomma3152 at 8:24 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• by the way you described her I thought she didnt have any kids, but she does. So she should know better. Let her know how you feel.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 8:24 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I would sit her down, tell her how what she is saying is showing disrespect to you and how you are choosing to raise your child and if she doesn't stop then I would end the friendship. You don't need someone like that in your and your child's life.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 8:25 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Yes, I would find that completely disrespectful and would not tolerate it. What a twit.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:25 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Definitely sounds like she's crossing a line to me if she's talking to your child about your parenting skills...making your child think what you're doing is wrong. Everyone parents differently. Tons of mom's would rather their kids safe. She doesn't sound like a good friend if she continues to do so. Address it and see if she'll stop. If she doesn't...then probably tell her to find a new friend b/c messing with a child's head like that...wrong.

Then again, I have a friend that does similar. She talks to HER child and expresses "you're so good that you're young and still potty training, don't be like so in so who's still having accidents" and so on so forth...I don't talk to her as much as I use to or invite her over so she has less to address to her child.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 8:26 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Yes, I would, and I'd tell her so. I'd let her know that, "No, I'm not bad mommy...I'm a mommy that cares about her child", and to mind her own business.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:28 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I'd be pissed talked to her & tell her how you feel the more you let it slide the more she is going to feel ok about doing it
    ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 8:36 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• yes yes yes! she prob thinks shes being funny, but a 2 year old wont see it that way. you should explain that to her.
    dmdemes

Answer by dmdemes at 8:41 PM on Jan. 27, 2011