Does this seem stange???

I'm BFing my five month old and my two year old begs for breast milk and I let her try it once now its like shes hooked, and when ever I pump she will throw a fit and try to take it alway from me becasue she wants some. Most of the time I fill a bag for her sister and put it in the freezer and then give her a few oz after. Becasue its hard not to when shes asking for somehing I sure have enough of and its free! Plus I know exactly where it came from and it surely can't be bad for her. LOL. It just seems stange, I mean I know some people are still breastfeeding two year olds but I stopped when she was a year old. Does anyone else give their older child breastmilk too?

letlovegrow2524

Asked by letlovegrow2524 at 8:25 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think it would be strange to begin nursing her again, but this isn't too strange. If she were 9, it would be.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 8:28 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• My longest breastfeeding was to 16 months. It doesn't seem odd to me that a 2 year old would want breastmilk. It tastes different than milk, so perhaps she likes that better. If you're fine with giving it to her and you have enough, why worry? If it bothers you to give it to her, you could always try rice milk or almond milk, maybe the taste would be closer to breastmilk and she'd have her own special milk.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 8:28 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I have never heard of this. Although, I have heard of preschoolers still breast feeding. I think she is just jealous. It sounds fine to me, if she is drinking it from a cup or bottle. I personally think it is creepy when a toddler is still laching on, but that is my opinion.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:30 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• It's not strange at all!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:32 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• LOL no way i'm going to try and nurse her again! That would be strange and shes got too many teeth, which is one of the reasons I stopped at a year. I think she might just want what her sister has also.
    letlovegrow2524

Comment by letlovegrow2524 (original poster) at 8:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• If she knows she used to get it the way the baby does, it could be a reverting or jealousy thing.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 8:45 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I doubt she would that was over a year ago, and shes always willing to share her things with her sister. She takes very good care and protects her lol (well best a two year old can) I think at first it was something she wanted too becasue her sister got it but I think she really likes it becasue shes always goes "mmm I have more".
    letlovegrow2524

Comment by letlovegrow2524 (original poster) at 8:56 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• One of my sons did the same thing. I think it helps her to feel like the baby hasn't taken her place!
    MelissaCarole

Answer by MelissaCarole at 5:14 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Tandem nursing is very common

Answer by rkoloms at 7:37 AM on Jan. 28, 2011