When was the last time you stopped to smell the roses (or whatever flower lol)?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 9:19 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Okay first of all: For down to earth people that is an everyday - maybe a couple times a day thing.
    Secondly: The majority of this world today is not going to stop for a minute from their techy world which is full of ipads and iphones and i this and i that so why even ask?

This world is too far gone.....
    That is a nice thought though...
    ohgoshism

Answer by ohgoshism at 9:24 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Today. My granddaughter arrived today to spend 3 weeks with us. She is 3. She was with us for 4 months this past year. She was so sweet. She ran in a jumped in my arms. She just lay her head on my shoulder and hugged. That is some sweet rose!!!!!!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:28 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I am *this* close to never smelling roses again. I absolutely HATE these new ones. Sure, they look gorgeous and last a long time, but they have nearly no smell:-( I live for garden roses that have been living for almost decades -- they still smell SO good! Actually, I am thankful the woman who owned our home before us planted Peonies. They smell fabulous in the spring!

Oh, to answer the question, maybe a few weeks ago when a co-worker got flowers. They didn't smell like much, but I still try.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 10:54 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• LMAO! That reminds me of what I said to DH the other day. He said something about iPads (just talking about new tech stuff) and I said that, "I HATE iCrap for the most part!" I do like my iPod, though. It's nice to have music I know I like when I'm driving (it hooks up in my car). It was a gift. Give me nature over technology any day (or just a good book). Technology is good in its own way, but IMO things are moving way too fast and people are forgetting the little things that make life nice and make the world beautiful.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 9:29 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• i always stop and smell the flowers when walking in the neighborhood with the kids.
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 9:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I've been smelling the tulips that my son and daughter-in-law got for me just a few days ago. The smell is strong and almost cloying, but it was such a sweet thing, that I love them.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:21 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• i smell all flowers but dont mean to lol .. allergies
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:08 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• The other day i smelled the roses at walmart ,knowing my so would never buy them but hoping!!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 6:19 PM on Jan. 28, 2011