I kind of feel bad but these parents are annoying me....advice?

If you have seen my previous posts you know I work for an after school program at a homeless shelter.  OMG these kids have no structure and it was ever so obvious today, more than any other day.

Here are the issues,

When ever their parents come to the program they behave so badly, I can contain them and keep them busy, but when the parents want to come and just hang around, all plans get disrupted.

The kids have no idea of what a punishment is: ie: Time Outs...in the program we are only allowed to do 3 types of punishments....1. loss of privilege 2. time out 3. suspension from the program.

I am thinking I will host a 30minute meeting with all of the parents to sort of lay down the law as a reminder of what we need.

What do you ladies think I should do?  I am right now making up a hand out to all parents basically explaining what I need from them.  

ie:  sign your kid in and out

If you want to visit, you need to help, otherwise, please look from a distance, because the kids get too distracted.

No kids under 3 years old, since people have been trying to leave tots with us, I am not here for a daycare, I am here to teach and help tutor older kids, that's it.  

But I don't know what else to add ideas?

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 9:27 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• Those are good ideas. Sorry I don't have anything to add.

Good luck!
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• it's fine, I just don't want to step on toes, you know, or seem to harsh, but it is getting to be annoying now.
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 9:55 PM on Jan. 27, 2011