Which daycares are better large franchise centers or smaller neighborhood centers?

My daughter is now going to a franchise center and sometimes it seems to lack that nurturing element. They are so much about routine and it just seems to lack that comfortable feeling. I like the teacher but she just seems so stressed sometimes and more concerned with the routine and paperwork then the kids needs. Is it just me? I am thinking of trying to find a smaller center.

MomAnn323

Asked by MomAnn323 at 9:43 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think it depends on the daycare and the area it is in. My son went to a large chain daycare and they were wonderful. They really worked with the kids and you could tell they cared. If you aren't comfortable with the daycare you are at go look at some others. You can usually take tours and talk to the teachers and get a feel for the place before you decide if you want to change.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:32 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I don't have direct experience with either, but I would assume it's like anything else "small business" vs "chain." It's really going to depend on the local staff in either. You can have tremendous staff at the local chain affiliate in town A that blows away the competition of any sort OR you can have mediocre staffing. It's not the size of the company, per se. It's the people THAT location hired.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 10:08 AM on Jan. 28, 2011