My 11 month old daughter has really severe diaper rash with blisters. Any suggestions?

Per Dr's orders made a paste from vaseline, Desitin & cornstarch

linluvv

Asked by linluvv at 9:52 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Let her run around naked for awhile. The air will help. Have you changed diapers recently? My son broke out bad with Luvs.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 9:54 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Yep....Bag Balm. It's available in most large grocery stores and many drug stores, use liberally and the rash and blisters will be gone in no time..
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 9:54 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• like bugfin said let her be a naked baby for awhile and even though it hurts make sure to clean it well
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 9:56 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• If it has red dots in the rash it might have yeast infection too.
    I have heard butt paste is great. I used that gel like diaper cream.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:56 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• corn starch an jock itch medicine
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 9:57 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• My oldest was allergic to vaseline, and I didn't know it until my doctor told me to use it on him, and his skin flared up so much worse. The one thing that really helped my sons' sensitive skin was Johnson & Johnson medicated talc-free powder. It calmed everything down in a few days. Once it was calmed down, I would sometimes use that Butt Paste on it (the natural one, not the original one). The powder was the real lifesaver though.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:00 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• bag balm every time you change her till completely gone , IT WORKS.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 10:00 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Another suggestion is to use Mylanta or generic there of to help calm and soothe the skin. When it is dry then add the diaper cream.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:06 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• She has been wearing Luvs for a while. Maybe it's time to switch. :( I'll try to let her air it our for a bit :) Thanks for all the feedback :)
    linluvv

Comment by linluvv (original poster) at 10:07 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• let him run around diaper free for a bit! then coat reaally heavy with Desitin night time...It has a drying agent in it that clears my kids up in a day or so and they have really sensitive skin and I even use it if they blister on onther parts of their bodies! I agree with the first poster LuVS diapers are the worst if you have them throw them out!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 10:08 PM on Jan. 27, 2011