How did you pick your child's name?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 10:02 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Baby Names

• I made a list of names and my husband made a list. There was only one name on both lists. That was what we used.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:23 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I found her first name in a baby book (it's Kalina) and it was the ONLY name out of about 150 that DH and I both agreed on. Alexis, her middle name, came from my sister's name (Alexandra) and DH's middle name/dad's name (Alexander). Her second middle name, Starling, was my dad's name. He passed away almost exactly 2 months before she was born and I've always loved the name.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:04 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• my 1st son is a bible name & ive always liked the name. My second son is named after his dad
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 10:08 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• My son;s first name is from my best friend who past away the year i got pregnant and his middle name is from my husbands best friend and they have been best friends ever since they were in pre school so for over 20 years now
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• i heard the name Josie in a Blink 182 song and like it lol and her middle name is Danielle after my dad, Daniel
    and my ds is Samuel (Sam) that's the only name dh and I both liked and his middle name is James after my maternal grandfather and dh's maternal grandfater's name was James too
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:07 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• 1st name Sophia is one me n my honey finally agreed on, its also his late grandmas name, and her middle name Denice is from my sister who passed away.
    blue7eyed3girl

Answer by blue7eyed3girl at 10:18 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I had a list of names that I have liked since childhood. Damian was the only one my husband liked.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:20 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Oh, and his middle name is my DH's grandfather's middle name. He wanted to do something to honor his grandfather, but I told him the name Lester (his GF's first name) was not going anywhere near my child.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:25 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• My husband is a big hockey fan, so his first name belongs to a hockey player. His middle name matches his Daddy's middle name and is the first name of: my dad, my uncle and my step dad.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 10:58 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I found their names in an "unusual baby names" book. They are Samara and Amaya.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 12:26 AM on Jan. 28, 2011