Do I stop taking birthcontrol?

I am not sure if I am pregnant yet. I have exhibited many early symptoms but it is still a little to early to take a test. Should i stop taking my birthcontrol pills now? Or wait until i know for sure?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It depends whether or not you're trying to get pregnant. I've read in several places that the Pill does not harm a baby. It won't do anything if you're already pregnant, but I'd go to a Dr. and ask for sure. If you are, you don't want to risk harming your baby. If you're not and don't want to end up pregnant, you're taking a huge risk. You could always use condoms until you know for sure and then resume your bc.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 6:49 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I say stop the birth control and use condoms until you know for sure...
    Elizabeth2384

Answer by Elizabeth2384 at 7:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I had the same thing happen this month . My husband and I decided to not use the pills and only use condoms until we knew for sure...because I literally could not test for 3 1/2 weeks. It was a good thing we did because I was pregnant! It never hurts to be safe! Good luck.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 4:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2008