matthew chapter 24

have you read it? Don't you think everything is coming to past? Thank you Jesus im ready to go home... We got to keep praying and getting people in before its to late...

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 4:40 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• rhope4: however there are things that were wrote about in Ezekiel and Daniel that are now coming to pass. Also, u keep talking about the bible being written 2000 years after Jesus was crucified. Isaiah was written along time before Jesus birth but was very accurate regarding his birth... the bible yes.. was "written" by men but it is God breathed Holy Spirit inspired.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 5:30 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• You already know my view on this, and as long as there are questions/posts about this, I will keep stating it. Read verse 34. There is no way that the word "generation" means race when Mark 9:1 states "...there are some standing here who will not taste death till they see the kingdom of God present with power." If the Bible is to be taken literally, the time statements must be too. The fact is, there are too many statements indicating that all of this took place in the first century A.D.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 4:57 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• rhope: cont
    U also say in previous posts about doesn't God know how to tell time..
    2 Peter 3:7 And by the same word, the present heavens and earth have been stored up for fire. They are being kept for the day of judgment, when ungodly people will be destroyed.
    8 But you must not forget this one thing, dear friends: A day is like a thousand years to the Lord, and a thousand years is like a day. 9 The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent.
    God doesn't use our calendar...
    bonn777

• Also.. when referring to this generation in Matthew 24:34.. Jesus was speaking prophetically regarding the Nation of Isreal... and the generation He was referring to is Isreal and when they became a Nation. God's calendar is Isreal's calendar. There's alot more to this but I'm limited to space... hmmm I think I'll do a journal post.. but for now... The people of God (Christians) have not been caught up in the air to meet their Lord.. we are still waiting.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 5:46 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• bonn777, I never said anything about the Bible being written 2000 years after Jesus was crucified. Rather, I said that He was referring to the people 2000 years ago when He was talking about the end times. That was when the Bible was being written. Isaiah never used the word "soon" when foretelling Jesus' birth, but yet more than 2000 years to His coming is supposed to be "soon." Something doesn't make sense. I agree that Isaiah was very accurate. The whole Bible is very accurate. Genesis 8:21 says, "...I will never again curse the ground for man's sake, although the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; nor will I again destroy every living thing as I have done."
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 6:05 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• bonn777 cont.
    Yet, you are talking about the earth being reserved for fire. I agree with the quote you quoted. I cannot deny that, but what is being destroyed by fire is the church of Moses. That WAS destroyed by fire when the Temple at Jerusalem was destroyed at A.D. 70. You say that I say that God doesn't know how to tell time. You are the one saying that by saying that God doesn't know the meaning of the word "soon." That word is mentioned many, many times in the Bible, and 2000 years is by no means "soon."

Let me ask YOU a question. Why have there been no Bible scriptures written after the Temple was destroyed by the Romans? It has been said that Revelations was written after that, but if that were true, John would've said something about it.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 6:06 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• bonn777, the whole purpose of Jesus coming to start with was to fulfill the old way the Lord dealt with the 12 tribes of Israel and do away with that and make His Spiritual Kingdom dwell in men's hearts. When the Temple was destroyed, His earthy habitation built by man's hands was destroyed, and that's when He came back, established His spiritual Kingdom in men's hearts. Therefore, there is no chosen people anymore because this was opened to everyone when Paul became the Apostle to the Gentiles.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 6:13 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• ITA with Bon777! What's the point of us even serving God if all the goodies went to those alive in AD 70? Have you researched some of the words used in these passages? Some of the prophesies were meant for the believers during that time. As Bon777 pointed out, there are many prophesies in Daniel, Revelation, Ezekiel, as well as the books of the " minor" prophets that have yet to take place. There are prophesies about the demise of Satan (Isaiah 24:21-22.
    Revelation 20:1-3;7-10; Ezekiel 28) and he is still around "seeking whom he may devour". (1 Peter 5:8)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:17 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Soon in our timeline is not the same as soon in God's... refer to 2 Peter 3:8... also, let me see if I understand u... the verse that says when the last trumpet sounds we shall meet him in the air.. the dead in Christ will rise first and we which remain will meet him... u believe that has already happened... and if that has happened are we in the 7 year tribulation now or did that already happen also... and if that happened has Jesus returned to rule and reign for 1000 years? and if that has happened.. is this the new Heaven and the New Earth... is Jerusalem.. where the Palestines are attacking the Jews the new Jerusalem? Has the beast already come and gone? Has the mark of the beast already happened? In other words... not all biblical prophecies have come to pass... or do u believe they've all been fulfilled?
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 6:23 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Rhope4: BTW I do have an answer for ur questions... but I've decided I'm gonna post it in a journal with scriptures to back it up... it would take up too much on here to post.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 6:24 PM on Nov. 14, 2008