Recipes

Dh will be coming home for R and R in about a month (yay!) and I need some good recipes to make for him. Either something that I can prepare and freeze or put in a crock pot or a George Foreman Grill. I want to make him good food but I want to spend as little time as possible cooking/preparing it. We don't have much time together so I don't want to spend hours in the kitchen.
Thank you in advance :)

dmdblleb

Asked by dmdblleb at 10:20 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I have a ton of recipes that are tasty, healthy, family and budget friendly; send me a message offlist if you would like some.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:38 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Crock pot chicken tacos

1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
    1 can enchilada sauce (I use medium heat)
    1 can green chilies
    1packet of taco seasoning
    In crock pot for 7-8 hours shred meat and serve in either soft or crisp taco shells with the regular taco fillers!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 10:34 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Do you like BBQ chicken? Get some boneless, skinless chicken breasts and your favorite BBQ sauce and an onion. Chop the onion and put everything in the crockpot until the chicken is done cooking (if you have a meat thermometer, you can use that, I do just to make sure). It should pull apart REALLY easily and you can just eat that by itself or make sandwiches. It's pretty cheap, really simple and sooo yummy if you like BBQ chicken. Although it isn't fancy or anything lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:34 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Quesadillas - Flour Tortillas (The thicker then better. The ones made for Gorditas are my favorite to use.), Chicken fully cooked and cubed into small pieces, refried beans, and shredded cheese. Beans, Cheese, chicken, Cheese on half of the tortilla. Fold over the other side of the tortilla, spread butter ontop, stick on the grill and cook until browned and cheese is melted.

Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches and Soup

Tuna Casarole
    Cowboy Casarole
    Roast Beef, Potatoes, and Veggies
    Beef Stew with a side of Buttered Bread and a Salad
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:48 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Noosa, does it realy take that long to cook stuff in a crock pot? I've never used one but plan on buying one.

Mrs. Bat, I do like BBQ chicken :)
    dmdblleb

Comment by dmdblleb (original poster) at 10:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• What is Cowboy Casserole?
    dmdblleb

Comment by dmdblleb (original poster) at 11:58 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• It takes several hours in a crockpot-but the beauty is it only takes a few minutes to set it up, then it cooks, without you doing anything, no stirring, no peeking, then it's done in time for dinner!
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 3:43 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I use my crock pot a lot. It does take hours but you throw everything in and leave it. I do all kinds of meals in it. Message me if you would like more ideas. I love cooking!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 5:48 PM on Jan. 29, 2011