Irregular cycles after weaning - ttc

Hi. I weaned at 9 months and period returned 8 weeks later. My first cycle was 32 days, my second was 28 days and my third was 24 days. I have been actively ttc on all three cycles win no luck. I charted this past month and am pretty sure I ovulated. How long until my cycles become normal? I got pregnant first time wig my dd so am taken aback! I am 32 and would like at least 3 kids and am concerned it is too late.

Beanck

Asked by Beanck at 10:47 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• If you charted how are you "prety sure" you ovulated? If you chart you should know whether or not you ovulated.

And no it's not too late. My step mom just had her first at 34!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• You can get pregnant right away, it's hard to say when your periods will become more regular, with my expericence it took about nine more months when I didn't get pregnant sooner.
    I had my last baby when I was 47 and not ttc.
    MelissaCarole

Answer by MelissaCarole at 3:27 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• It may be awhile for periods to become regular. They may never be regular again in fact. Pregnancy changes everything and giving birth. I suggest ttc by having sex every other day. Not everyday because that lowers sperm count.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:33 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Your hormones are probably fluxuating like crazy! Give your body some time to get used to all of these changes, and maybe you'll have a clearer look at your expected period dates.

You should use this website to find out your ovulation dates, most fertile days, and more. *they also have tips on TTC

http://www.marchofdimes.com/ovulation_calendar.html
    ChelseATX

Answer by ChelseATX at 4:25 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Thanks guys. I'm really depressed today probably because its my first real flow day of AF. I know I said my last cycle was 24 days but it was really spotting for 3 days and then real flow.

I went to the dr and she did a blood test to check my progesterone - I'll get the results tomorrow. Doesn't it seem weird that inwas spotting so early?

Can you guys comment on how your cycles were after weaning and maybe how long it took to get preg with your second?
    Beanck

Comment by Beanck (original poster) at 9:37 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• My cycle started 4 months after I gave birth and was still breastfeeding. It took about 6 months for me to get pregnant after the birth of the first one, and I had a total of two periods about 28 or so days. (At the recommendation of my OBGYN, I started to wean off our first son pretty much as soon as we got a positive pregnancy test.) Our sons are going to be about 15 months apart. Sending you a lot of Baby Dust!!!
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 5:55 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Good Luck
    kdtmartin

Answer by kdtmartin at 5:56 PM on Jan. 31, 2011