Anyone heard of K2? Is it harmful to smoke? I have teenagers and was wondering if anyone knows.

MommaJerrie

Asked by MommaJerrie at 11:00 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I have teens and was curious when you asked, so I looked it up. Here's the link I found.

From the sounds of it - it's an incense and is NOT intended to be smoked or ingested in any way, though, from reading the site, some try to use it as a substitute for pot.  Also, according to the site, there are a lot of counterfeit versions out there that are illegal and are actually part of a Federal crackdown (there's info on how to report it if you got a counterfeit product).  Also, it says that you can't buy it if you're under 18. 

Hope this helps!

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:07 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• my lil bro smoked it for awhile it really fucked him up!! depending on how much he smoked and how often he would have some bad trips!! one time he called me and said he was dying and i needed to come get him cuz he couldnt breath! well clearly he could breath since he called me but yeah it was really messed up!! its not ok to smoke!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 11:19 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I couldn't tell you, so here's a bump. :)
    armywife009

Answer by armywife009 at 11:02 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/03/04/health/main6266449.shtml This has lots of info for you. Recently i saw a deal on t.v. about kids dying form this stuff.
    elle71186

Answer by elle71186 at 11:10 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• It's not safe to smoke. Real weed is better for you than that stuff from everything I've heard and read about it.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:22 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• It's not safe to smoke. There's been reports of people dying because of it. I had a friend of mine smoking it, and he said it gave him a big high, and asked if I wanted to try it (no, I did not, because I didn't want to be anywhere near it) but he quit once the reports of the deaths started. It's not meant for human consumption, and definitely is dangerous.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 3:42 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• its synthetic weed, which to me sounds worse than regular weed
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:04 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Thanks very helpful! Where do teens buy it from?
    MommaJerrie

Comment by MommaJerrie (original poster) at 11:17 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Teens can walk into any gas station and buy it. There is no age limit. It is a synthetic marijuana and yes, it is HARMFUL if anyone smokes it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:18 PM on Jan. 27, 2011