Cloth diapers pros and cons....

I've been considering for some time to use cloth diapers on my son because it's so much less expensive in the long run and he gets diaper rash easily. My only set back is worrying about overnight leaks. I have to us the extra protection overnight diapers on him because he pees so much so I need a diaper that will hold up while he sleeps. Honestly what are the pros and cons of using them. Who has tried them and didn't like them and who loves them? Which brands are your favorite?

courtloux_128

Asked by courtloux_128 at 11:14 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I use the BumGenius pocket diapers that are a One size. They fit your baby from 7-35+ lbs. I have never had a leak with them during the day. I have never used them at night because my son always pees alot, and I think cloth diapers would get smelly if they were worn for that long. he is 9 months old and I started cloth diapering when he was 1 month old. I use pampers extra protection at night and use cloth during the day. I got all my cloth diapering info at www.jilliansdrawers.com
    I love cloth and will use cloth for my next child too.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 11:45 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I have used both and I love cloth... would never go back to disposables! I'm not help on the nighttime options, my son doesn't pee at night anymore. When he did, I would double stuff a pocket and put a pair of fleece pants over it. Wool is also supposed to be fantastic for nighttime.

Can't speak of brand names, I make all my own! :)
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:33 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• As far as I am concernes the cloth diapers actually CAUSE diaper rash, unless you dunk the kids butt in desitin or butt paste at every diaper change. One of the pros of disposable diapers is that they have a moisture wicking property that keeps the urine away from the skin. The best diapers for your money are Luvs. My mom used cloth diapers and we all suffered with rashes until she switched to disposables.
    Robbiesmommy83

Answer by Robbiesmommy83 at 2:18 PM on Jan. 28, 2011