We are being targeted by racist adult content

Im stuck at a base that is in the worse state in the US and can do nothing about it. I got 10 kids I want to leave and take them home 4000 miles away but my husband wants me to stay here. We are a interracial couple in the southern most part of mississippi and have had everything but a cross burned in our front yard. We have been assaulted, vandalised and basically told our kids are not welcomed in there public school. So now I am forced to homeschool because the other school want us to pay 1200.00 per child for our kids knowing most of them where assaulted in school for race. The police want help us the military basically said if it is not on video it is not our problem. ALthough our car is kicked in and our 15 passenger van now has something in it we can afford to fix.Keeping my kids hidden from these idiots is all I can do to keep them safe and alive. I am so glad my husband is fighting for our freedom. Should I take my story to a national news circuit? Should I take my kids and just leave?

madreofnueve

Asked by madreofnueve at 11:17 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• You should do both. Come to the North East, that stuff rarley happens here.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 11:21 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I would do whatever I had to do to protect my children! Are you stationed in Biloxi, just wondering? My brother was stationed there. Do you live on base?
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• yeah i would do both, plus cant you sue the school? that make no sense that they are making you pay 1200 per child?
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:23 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Your husband should never wnat to keep his family in harm way. You need to take your kids back home and get away from those biggots!!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:23 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• yes we are stationed in biloxi
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:25 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Do you have family, friends that can help get you home? I know its hard for your husband because he doesn't have to deal with it on a daily bases like you do with your children. You don't want to see one of your children or for all that matter, you disappear. I'm not trying to scare you. Just know what happens. If your gut feeling is to leave, better go while you have the chance. Hopefully your husband will have a understanding heart after its done. Its not fair for you or your children to hilde out in the house. If you can get help. Leave around 4:30am. Less chance of being harrassed. Don't tell anyone there & make sure your children don't either. Have everything paced by door so you can move quickly. Have a family/friend drive in a U-Haul that morning. Hope this helps.
    WalknWithGod

Answer by WalknWithGod at 11:55 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• If you live on base you should be protected by the mp's. If not consider moving on base. What you're family is experiencing is horrible! People of all color can be idiots when it comes to racism and I have zero tolerance for it! I grew up in Ky. and for a while we lived in the section of town where all the african americans lived. Everyday at school my brother & I would get beat up because we were the only white kids in a black school. My fathers family were and sill are racists, I have nothing to do with them. I moved to Oregon, raised my kids to see past race, disabilities and see everyone with respect and kindness. I'm sorry you and your children are expierencing this!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:02 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I say that you should do both, as well as press charges against the school.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 3:34 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Please contact the Southern Christian Leadership Council  http://www.sclcnational.org/

and the NAACP:  http://www.naacp.org/content/main/

Show your children that racists should not win. Ever

Answer by rkoloms at 7:17 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Do both
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 12:19 PM on Jan. 28, 2011