Anyone know why the largest Re-Enlistment Ceremony never made it to Mainstream Media Coverage?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aAU1XE8MQk
This was t he largest re-enlistment ceremony ever held in military history. The ceremony was held on the 4th of July, 2008 at Al Faw Palace, Baghdad , Iraq . General David Petraeus officiated. This amazing story was ignored by the 'mainstream' media. If only a bomb had killed d 5 civilians in a marketplace - now that's the kind of news the media is eager to tell you about. A pizzeria in Chicago donated 2000 pizzas that were made and shipped to Baghdad , and were delivered on the 4th.The media did report that 2000 pizzas were sent to Iraq on July 4th... The only part they left out of the report was the event for which the pizzas were sent.
This was the news BIGGEST MEDIA clip of the day. Where was NBC? ABC?CBS?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/04/AR2007070400824_pf.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• AMEN anon 5:08!!!!! I completely agree. You may not like the war or what's going on over there, but you better support our troops. And if not, stand behind them, then get your asses in front of them!

This isnt' about the WAR. THIS is about the TROOPS
    l.bicks

Answer by l.bicks at 8:07 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Good Question!
    Anonymous

• I am guessing because they don't want Americans to see that the brave men and women of our military believe in what they are doing there.
    Anonymous

• I saw this coverage on CNN so I was not aware that CNN was not considered main stream media. I also saw it covered on WGN Chicago News channel 9 I dont recall if ABC world news did a report on it, but the war is NOT popular. Lots of people want it to end. Weather Iraq's are ready or not to rule themselves they need to start doing so. We will NEVER get out of that country as long as they arnt allowed to sink or swim on their own. America needs to do the "Charity starts at home" thing. We need to fix our own economy, our own starving and homeless problem and our own health care for OUR citezens before we give it away to other countried for free.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:07 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• My guess is the media isn't as military friendly as they say they are. They would have t admit something GOOD is happening in Iraq. They don't want to do that...
    Bad things make Bush look Bad, which makes people against Bush more which as we know domino effects...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:07 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Weather Iraq's are ready or not to rule themselves they need to start doing so.

~Most Military we know in Iraq are TRAINING Iraqi soliders to be self sufficient, use the military equipment they have to protect their nation and themselves.  Do you think we should leave then to figure it out on their own?

We will NEVER get out of that country as long as they arnt allowed to sink or swim on their own. America needs to do the "Charity starts at home" thing. We need to fix our own economy, our own starving and homeless problem and our own health care for OUR citezens before we give it away to other countried for free.

~So, then you are AGAINST Obama's Global Poverty ACT?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:14 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• v.bruno-I went to CNN and searched for it, and all I found was a link to a FOX News blog. lol.. SO I guess Fox News is the only MSM to mention it.
    http://onthescene.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/07/04/re-enlisting-on-4th-of-july/
    Anonymous

• "I am guessing because they don't want Americans to see that the brave men and women of our military believe in what they are doing there."

oh please!
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 5:58 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• but the war is NOT popular

This isnt' about the WAR. THIS is about the TROOPS.
    Anonymous

• It got no coverage because patriotic Americans aren't very popular these days. Only those who say they are ashamed of the US get coverage.
    Anonymous