W2 forms

I had 2 jobs last year and have not received my w2 from the other job yet. I want to file as soon as possible since I am pretty broke. Should I be worried and contact the job. One came so soon and the other nothing. I always got both around the same time in the past if had more then one job. Yes both were on the books.

Crystal8327

Asked by Crystal8327 at 11:25 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Money & Work

• They have to be postmarked by January 31. They still have some time.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:26 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Ok
    Crystal8327

Comment by Crystal8327 (original poster) at 11:26 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I think they have till the 31st to send them out. You might just have to wait another week.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:26 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Ditto. They have until the 31st. I've had issues with employers waiting to send them out until the last possible second in the past. This year I was amazed because I got mine earlier this week. We didn't get them until around mid-February last year. They still have a few more days, so I wouldn't worry yet. If you haven't gotten it by a week or two into February, then you should definitely contact them.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:29 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I still have 1099s that I have to send out. January is such a busy time for businesses, trying to get everything out by the end of the month.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:36 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I agree JulieJacobKyle. I feel bad for businesses during the month of January. It's gotta be hard to get all that paperwork together.

OP, the other posters are right it doesn't have to be postmarked until the 31st. You could use your last pay check stubs if you think those are accurate though.

Good luck!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 12:14 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Erica its not that easy for me to file. Worked 2 jobs, a single mom, child tax credit etc. I think I will need more than pay stubs.
    Crystal8327

Comment by Crystal8327 (original poster) at 9:21 AM on Jan. 29, 2011