What do you do to stay organized with family/home?

WalknWithGod

Asked by WalknWithGod at 11:32 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I have a planner and I write down EVERYTHING, every appt, every sports activity, anything that is planned ahead of time. I also mark when his dad has him and when I do. I write down when assignments are due for class and when my tests are and I look at it every morning to make sure I have nothing going on that day. I try to minimize clutter (not doing so great on that right now.) I have a filing cabinet and I try to file all my paperwork when I get it so it doesn't accumulate and take me hours to sort through. I do my cleaning a room at a time.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:48 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I regularly throw things away and donate....before Christmas and birthdays each person has to go through their things and get rid of clothing that doesn't fit or that they don't wear, and other items that they no longer use.

And.....I shred and toss papers whenever possible.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:50 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I declutter constantly, and work all day until I'm too tired to stay awake any more. With eight children, it would be a disaster zone in our home if I didn't. The best thing I do is maintain a clean state instead of having to reclean things. Our toilets and sinks are cleaned every day. Our floors are swept multiple times a day, and mopped every day. It might sound like a lot, and might not be so necessary if you don't have this many children, but it really helps me not have to clean in a frenzy for having someone over. It makes life so much easier to have things in a continuously clean state.
    MyGiftsFromGod

Answer by MyGiftsFromGod at 1:32 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I live alone so it is very easy for me. MyGiftsFromGod you are amazing! i have folders for dog registeration papers, cats, all other things concerning them, horses and birds too. i have a folder for each bank account. a folder for this and that and so on. i got rid of old pans, dishes etc and treated myself to new when i moved. everything matches. same with my bathroom. bookshelves, movie shelves. if you have a lot of nicnac's get shelves if you have room. my only bad spot is my bedroom , i have way to many clothes. i keep some in those plastic totes. i have my bathroom organize with small totes. makeup, medicine, wash clothes to keep them from getting knocked over, they are all in a cupboard with a door so it looks nice and tidy. i make my bed before i even go to the bathroom, as soon as my feet hit the floor, once u get in the habit you can stop yourself. lol
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 11:15 AM on Jan. 28, 2011