my c sec is in the morning ...

And im so nervous my stomach is flipping and I can't sleep!

Am I going to die, is the spinal going to hurt, and I going to vomit on the table...IS MY BABY GOING TO BE OK??????

Please help me, im freaking out!

randibosin

Asked by randibosin at 11:34 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• First - congrats on your little one! Second - take a deep breath! You're going to be ok, and so is your baby! I had a c-section. Mine was an unscheduled emergency one, done 18 yrs ago, and we were on a little base in an island in the middle of the Bering Sea - and it was STILL fine :-)

I'm assuming yours is going to be in a fully stocked hospital and that, since it's in the morning and you're on here, that you aren't actively in labor right now, so yours is going to go even better!

You're going to go in there, they're going to give you the spinal. Yes, it's going to hurt a bit at first, sort of like, for example, when they draw blood from you for a lab test. The c-section is going to feel a little weird, because you're going to feel them tugging, but not bad like it hurts or anything. It's sort of like if you had oragel or something making it numb - not bad at all!

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:43 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• You'll be fine. Just take deep breaths and try not to think about it. Find something else to occupy your time.
    I've had 5 c-sections and all were easy peasy.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:39 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• congrats and im sure everything will be fine :)
    i'll be praying for you and the baby!
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 11:42 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I understand your fears. I was totally unprepared when I had my c-section. You'll be alright. Try to breathe, and make sure your support person keeps you calm and is good and supportive. You can do this. Just think about meeting your beautiful baby tomorrow! How exciting! Try not to focus as much on the procedure, and get some sleep tonight. The surgery isn't so bad, and it's rare that you'll vomit, especially if you've fasted like they say to. ((hugs)) you'll do great!! Congratulations, mama!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:42 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Before you go in there. Ask the Lord to help you. This has nothing to do with religion. Its just a fact. I was very ill. Had a spinal tap. No my sister who would pray, always had the headaches after. Me. I asked. I never felt a thing and no side effects! Your baby is going to be fine. God knitted her together in your womb. She is precious in His sight. Trust Him to work it all out. Also, before you go in there, tell the Dr. you DON"T WANT STAPLES! to easy to get infected. Now I'm gonna pray for you, ok? Father, this is your child who is going to have a child of her own. Plz fill her with Your peace. Let this be an exciting adventure for her. Let Your joy be her strength and peace cover her thoughts so she won't worry any longer. Let her have a good nights sleep so she's refreshed for the moment that is going to change her life into something more awesome then she ever imagined! n Jesus Christ name Amen. Congratulations!!!
    WalknWithGod

Answer by WalknWithGod at 11:44 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• You will be fine! I was just as worried the night before mine and it was all for nothing. It seriously was a piece of cake compared to what I expected. Don't worry...it's not nearly as painful as you expect and it's not as scary either. Congrats on your baby tomorrow, and best of luck! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:36 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• cont

Then, you're going to hear your little one cry, and they're going to wrap your baby up and lay him or her in your arms / on your chest, and you're going to look down on the face of this beautiful little miracle you just created, and everything else is just going to melt away!

Honestly - the worst part for me during the whole process was when they then had to take my baby back so they could finish cleaning him up, get his scores, weight, measurement, etc - I just wanted to hold him and look at him :-)

I know it's scary - I remember praying to God that if one of us had to die, to please let it be me, and let me see my baby first, so I do understand your fears, and they are normal, but honestly - you - AND your baby - are going to be just fine, and you're going to look back on tonight and smile and think "what was I so worried about" :-)

(((HUGS))) and congratulations again! :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:46 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Thanks everyone! Im on my way!
    randibosin

Comment by randibosin (original poster) at 6:28 AM on Jan. 28, 2011