what would u do if you ran out of gas on a very long country road and no cell phone.

i have to be to town at 8 am tomorrow morning. my tank is on empty and it is 15 miles to the nearest gas station. i have no gas can and don't know anyone yet. i just moved.

Dianakk

Asked by Dianakk at 11:43 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Travel

• Are you alone or do you have a SO? If I were in your situation and I didn't think my car would make it I'd stay home.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:47 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Do you have a house phone? If so I'd call the local police or wherever I was going in town and tell them if I am not there at 8 a.m. come looking for me and bring a gas can.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:48 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Unless you have a serious gas guzzler, if you haven't been on E for long, you should make it the 15 miles, or at least almost 15. But if it's been on E for a while, you might want to call the police or something like someone else suggested.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:57 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Stay home until you can get help, or call a cab if absolutely have to be there.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:58 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I'd walk. I don't have any compunctions about hoofin' it. If I had to be somewhere at 8, though, I'd be leaving VERY early lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:46 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• i would walk. i live in the country so i know what its like. My SO and I ran out of gas at 1:30 in the morning because the nearest gas station wasnt open, and we were trying to make it to the next one. We had to walk 5 miles in the snow before we got cell signal. IT WAS AWFUL!!!
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 11:49 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• If you only have 15 miles to go then you should make it; even if you are on Empty- Wishing you lots of luck & Be Careful!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:54 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Your car might make it, I think mine would. I would just walk if it runs out. Bring a gas container and a pocket knife or something with you to protect yourself. That's what I would do, good luck.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 12:02 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I would let someone know where I'm going to be... also most cars still have 20 miles on them once the gas light goes on.. unless is a gas hog or real old... be careful
    batjmom

Answer by batjmom at 12:47 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I wouldn't leave until you have a backup plan IMO.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 5:26 PM on Jan. 28, 2011