Lumps in legs are hurting constantly, what can i do?

I have several lumps in my legs and i have been to at least 6 different doctors. they all say that they are fatty tumors that are harmless. but everyone tells me that fatty tumors don't hurt. only one doctor actually looked at them. they are getting bigger and hurt more. does anyone have them or know someone that does? what did they do for them? thanks

Dianakk

Asked by Dianakk at 11:51 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in Health

• Dr's are not always right. That is why I research my symptoms online, so I can ask questions. I have found that by spouting a few medical terms you get their attention, and when they see that you aren't just another dummy they treat u with a little more respect. I went to my Dr. one friday afternoon and told him I had a kidney infection coming on. He tapped my back a couple of places and gave me a scrip for percocet and sent me home with the instructions to call him on Tues. if I wasn't feeling better. Sunday morning I went to the ER, was admitted to the hospital and when I woke up on Tues, it was to the news that they were sending me to another hospital for surgery on my kidneys! I had e-coli, and kidney stones that they had to surgically remove! I made sure I called my dr and let him know just what I thought of his diagnostic abilities! I called him from the hospital in Eugene, 70 miles away from my hometown!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 2:50 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Go to a Dermatologist and get a biopsy if you are worried about it. I have a couple Lipoma's (fatty tumors) and none of them hurt. My Dermatologist is the one who told me what they were.

If the one doctor actually looked at them, you might go back to him and let him know that they are really starting to bother you.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:56 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• My dad had fatty tumors but they did not get larger and did not hurt unless under the beltline etc. He had several removed. Get another opinion and ask if they can be biopsied or removed. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:29 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• My doctor says the same thing but mine hurt too. I decided not to worry about them if the doctor doesn't.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:58 PM on Jan. 27, 2011