why double standards when it comes to homosexuality

im sitting here talkin to a bunch of friends..guy says there is no such thing as love cuz of too much gayness...men are gay or dl...no women can say she loves a guy who is gay..so i say that if he is honest with it when we meet..i have been wit a few guy who were openly bi..i can fall in love with him..im bi so y cant he be bi..he say thats just nasty of me cuz i can date a guy who openly gay..
my thing is why is it ok for me to be bi in the relationship but the guy cant b????

FreeSpriT4eva

Asked by FreeSpriT4eva at 11:57 PM on Jan. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• Because most straight men are homophobic for some reason. I think it's the stigma on male homosexuality in our culture. It's "hot" when two women are together (because that has been the norm throughout most of human history... one man and many women), but two men together is "gross" (because male sexuality doesn't tend to be as fluid as female).

I could go on and on, but the bottom line is it's stupid and men can be dumb lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:01 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• ~*Smiles*~... most of my friends tend to be males, and probably because I think like a lot of them??? I had a male friend once explain to me in blunt terms why it is alright for a female to be gay/bi and not males... he told me that if you came home early and saw you husband bent over with another guy would it turn you on. I told him "hell no"! So he told me, now same script but two females.... I get why guys tend to have double standards...

This is more of a "TMI" question though... hahaha
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:04 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• lol i dont think it would turn me off..cuz i already know that he does it..an i have seen it up close b4 but i see how it would make others feel uncomfortable

FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 12:12 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Momma, I wouldn't be turned on to find my SO with anyone else lol. EVER. It's not sexy to cheat. And if a man would be turned on to find his wife cheating with a woman... that's messed up too.

I know I'm in a superminority here, but I actually *do* find two men together somewhat attractive. I know, I know, most people think I'm crazy, but what's not to like? I like men, it's all men there... same thing for men and two women, I think lol.

TMI, sorry :p
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:13 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• ati..u are not alone..lol..i have to say certain gay friends of mine i have found myself actually attracted to their sexual exploits..they know we have laughed about it..but i was exspecting him 2 cheat on me..as i stated i have been wit a few guys who were openly bi..if they find someone that they thought was attractive we talkied about it..but ihope they didnt actually cheated on me..lol
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 12:18 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• It's just not cool to see someone getting it in the butt. Sorry, but it's not happening with me or my man!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 2:36 AM on Jan. 28, 2011