34 weeks pregnant...

Having REALLY bad back pains, and my lower right side is killing me, cant sit stand lay nothing, about to take a bath to see if that helps. I have had 3 contractions, I know what they feel like and it isn't the same. Haven't had any contractions today. Any ideas on what it may be? and any suggestions on relief?

sissy0604

Asked by sissy0604 at 12:04 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Is it lower back in near the spine? If so it could be a kidney infection. I had one when I was preggo and it was the worst pain. Nothing relieved it. I would give your doc a call in the am and see what s/he has to say.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:05 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Right lower quadrant could also be your appendix. I say it's worth at least a call to your doc. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:31 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I had really bad back pain in my right side when I was pregnant. My doc told me it was a pulled muscle. I don't think thats what it was though, I think it may have been something with my kidney. I would call your doc.
    kvanness0824

Answer by kvanness0824 at 1:00 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• It could be numerous things, your best bet is to call the advice nurse or call your doctor and explain the problem to them and tell them you are concerned, it never hurts to get checked out!
    PrdWifeNMom07

Answer by PrdWifeNMom07 at 10:35 AM on Jan. 28, 2011