I know this question may seem disgusting but I am curious =D.

Did you have a loose stool before you gave birth? And was it like diahhrea or watery or what? Disgusting sounding I know, but I want to know.

its_mrs.valdez

Asked by its_mrs.valdez at 6:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I don't know if it was loose (you don't see down there, and they wipe you so fast you don't even know it happened). But it does happen, and it's when your pushing and in enough pain you could give a crap (excuse the pun) if you shit yourself! haha! sorry, but it's true. I was totally paranoid before if my dh would see, but they do it discreetly so he didn't, and I didn't even care if he did at that point, I just wanted the pain to go away!
    Anonymous

• Yes, your body often prepares itself for labor by cleaning out your intestines in such a lovely way.
    That being said, not all loose stool is an indication that labor is about to begin. Trust me, I'm 35 weeks pregnant and have had loose stool for a week now. It DOES make me hopeful, but I'm not counting on anything just yet, hah.
    CreativeSpirit

Answer by CreativeSpirit at 7:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I honestly don't remember for myself, but I think its probably normal with all the changes and nerves happening toward the end
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I will match your "gross-ness" :) The morning I went into labor... I woke up at 4:17 (yes i remember the exact time) and had to poop! NOw let me say I have NEVER in my life WOKEN up to poop. SO your body does some pretty funny things when it is getting ready to push out a baby. My daughter was born at 3:27am the next morning. Good luck!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 4:28 PM on Jul. 8, 2008