Sex inducing labor?

Does sex induce labor even if you're not close to delivery??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• We tried and tried and tried.....but it didnt work. It was fun trying though :)
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 4:58 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I always heard it was something in the cum that induced labor so my husband always wore a condom when we had sex.
    Anonymous

• I think it can, the motions and man's juices has something in it that can speed up the process. It depends on how far along you in weeks tho. Google it.
    katythemm

Answer by katythemm at 4:59 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• It absolutely can! When pregnant with my son, at 33 weeks I woke up one morning with contractions 3 minutes apart, the only thing they could figure out would have sent me into pre-term labor was having sex with my husband the night before! We used condoms from then on, it's the sperm that can bring on labor.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 4:59 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• your body isnt going to go into labor unless your ready so unless your doctor tells you not to have sex you can have sex up till you go into labor. dont worry about it they say later in pregnancy closer to your due date that sex can help start labor.
    Anonymous

• no ,its just bloody uncomfortable ,dont believe all these old wives tales ,I have had four kids tried them all and none worked ,the baby will come when they are good and ready ,just let nature do its thing and good luck .
    loulou332

Answer by loulou332 at 5:13 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• It can, but is not very reliable. If you're up to having sex, though, by all means do it! It might be awhile before you can do it again...
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:25 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Sperm helps soften your cervix so it will dialate but it will not dialate til you are term from the sperm so dont worry keep having lots of sex cause the more dialated you are when you go in the less work you gotta do!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 5:31 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• It has worked for me to help things along....went to the doc on a friday completely closed and the baby was still real high....heard about the sex theory. tried all weekend and on monday morning i was 3 cm and 80% effaced. It hasn't made me go into labor yet but it def helped me to ripen and open up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Nov. 15, 2008