What is the best way you have found to lose weight.

I started gaining weight after the military put me on Seroquel and then to add insult to injury the VA put me on Wellbutrin, Depakote, Seroquel, Clonazapam, Lamictil, and Abilify...thus ballooning me to a hefty 250lbs.

I'm truly considering the Nutrisystem diet (because I tried it before and lost 58lbs with it)... but it's costly..

I would try weight watchers but I'm not good at self monitoring.

What have you used to lose weight?

Randomosity2

Asked by Randomosity2 at 12:09 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Join sparkpeople.com, that site is amazing, and they have so many inspirational people, and motivating blogs....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:13 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Excersize More... Eat Less!!!! Hahaha... my aunt is in her 70s and told me this
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:11 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Sparkpeople is a great resource. I am eating clean, and it's really helping me. Ive lost 44 lbs so far, and still going. I'm also exercising about 5 days a week, including running, which I didn't think I could do, but I started when I was about 242 lbs, and I'm running about 3 miles at a time now, at 217. I have a journal explaining the basic clean eating principles (I'm on my iPhone, otherwise I'd link it here). It really has been the best thing. It's not a fad diet, it doesn't eliminate any major food groups, and I'm not hungry all the time.
    On a side note, the VA sucks, and they LOVE to throw medications at everything instead of actually TREATING people. It's so frustrating. I go to the VA too, so I can SO relate!
    Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:21 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Eat lots of vegetables, some healthy meat, and work-out every other day.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 12:50 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Eat less and more healthy. Drink tons of water. Exercise regularly. Walking is great, aside from cardio workouts.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:07 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I wish I knew what to tell you. I've heard of many people losing weight on Weight Watchers and keeping it off. I, on the other hand, have never wanted to pay for any program. I just keep a food journal on my kitchen counter so I can see what I'm eating each day. I keep my calories low, drink lots of water and exercise until I sweat more days than not. This works for me. Good luck!!
    Powerstamper

Answer by Powerstamper at 1:35 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• walk, eat healthy, and watch your portion sizes..
    asil

Answer by asil at 2:42 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I would love to be able to help you but I am in the same position, only I am type 2 diabetic. Thanks for the information about SparkPeople I will check them out.
    CaaspersBaby

Answer by CaaspersBaby at 8:56 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I do weight watchers. I lost 8 pounds so far this month. I'm on the road to losing another 15 or so. I know you said you are not good at self monitoring, but in order for any weight loss to stick, you're going to have to learn to do that. I'm not a fan of the processed frozen foods from most of the big name diet systems out there because eventually you have to eat real food and I can't imagine how much that costs! Weight Watchers teaches you how to eat and allows you to eat anything you want, in moderation. For example, I can have a slice of pizza at my daughter's pizza party no problem and still easily stay within my points range for the day. I also use sparkpeople for recipes =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:01 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I eat a healthy combination of lean protein, veggies, fruit and whole grains....within the 1200-1300 calorie range and exercise everyday
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:31 AM on Jan. 28, 2011