Why do people ask for your opinion then get mad at the answer?

So many post asks for an opinion then it seems like people think if they post more that makes them right. I do not feel this way! You keep posting your view to me it sends a message that you are pushing your opinion to be right when it is neither right or wrong. Either that or someone is having an extremely slow night.

MelisaVaughan

Asked by MelisaVaughan at 12:28 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Stupidity

how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 12:36 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• they like the drama.
    sandjmom99

Answer by sandjmom99 at 12:37 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I agree with you. but if someone starts drama in my post, I'm not into that.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:37 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Because they want their ego stroked.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:37 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I was just thinking about that the other day. My response is usually "okay so why did you ask a question if you didn't want an answer?" The next time that person asks just say do you want me to answer honestly or tell you what you want to hear?
    rav1987

Answer by rav1987 at 12:39 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I wonder this almost every time I come on CM...people just want someone to agree with them and if you don't feel the same way as they do, they don't like it. It doesn't make sense to me either, but that's just how a lot of people are.
    the_kimmers

Answer by the_kimmers at 12:41 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Some people just want to be right no matter the cost. That is just the way they are. I know people like that in my family it is crazy. I say just post your question( key word question) and take in the feed back. If you can't do that then don't post anything.
    LADYA1983

Answer by LADYA1983 at 12:43 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I think when someone asks for an opinion, they are looking for many sides to think of their situation. Then in a combined effort...like taking it as a grain of salt they mold it to what they see fit. I think if they get flustered over your opinion not being their opinion is because they are seeking positive reinforcements or they are just seeking someone to be on their side...or is that the same thing...lol, sorry. If they get frustrated because your advice isn't what they wanted...it's because they needed cause. They needed someone to pat them on the head to tell them it's okay to do what they were going to do anyway. I'm not real sure...rambling..

Me, I ask questions so I can get opinions to play with, mold. Just because you give your opinion, doesn't mean I HAVE to take it, but the idea is there and I may take pieces or not as to what would work for me... but that's just me. -shrugs-
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 12:46 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• because they expect everyone to agree with them, and that's just not gonna happen.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 12:51 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Lol! I always wondered that too! Don't ask for my opinion if you really don't want it.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 12:52 AM on Jan. 28, 2011