Positive Drug test

So today I went to the doctor and found out that the drug test they had given me had come back positive for amphetamines and marijuana. This concerns me because I don't do drugs and I didn't appreciate the way I was treated by the doctor who saw me. Does anyone know how I can bring this up to the office?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• ask to be retested? explain you feel the results are wrong..
    sandjmom99

Answer by sandjmom99 at 12:39 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Bring up what concerns? The way they treated you? You should be treated worse if drug tests come up positive!! Especially while pg! Now, if you are concerned about the test coming up positive while you know it shouldn't have, you should ask to take another.

Not accusing you of actually using drugs, just saying. IF the results were true, you shouldn't be treated like a princess.... If the results are wrong you have ever right to be mad!!!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 12:40 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Unless your blood was accidentally switched with someone else's , I'm not sure how it could have shown up with those things unless you had done them. I would take this seriously, and if the doctor won't listen, I'd consider going as high up as you can...even consulting a lawyer. If this was malpractice on their part, they need to be held responsible. You can have your child taken away for things like that...it's a big deal.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:40 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Does anyone in your home do any of these drugs? The thing is, you have to have a somewhat high amount for it to even be detected. So I would ask them to redo the test, if you're confident those results aren't accurate. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:43 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• If you DON'T use drugs as you say you should ask for another test. If you don't trust the dr. that gave you the test choose another dr. Are you around anyone who does drugs? If you're in close proximity to someone smoking pot, for a long period of time that might affect you, but as far as amphetamines, I'm at a loss.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:46 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• It was a urine analysis and I agree with you drug use is something really serious and I do not take it lightly. I did but they never asked if there were any vitamins or medications I was taking. My doctor prescribed me an anxiety medication, safe for pregnancy, and LovingSAH that is why I asked because I have two other kids and I don't want to lose them. They retested me after I requested it! The doctor scoffed at my request which was what offended me. I wasn't sure if this would qualify as malpractice.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:46 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• This happened to my youngest dd with her first son. The doctor sent cps to our house. I told them to get out. They never returned. They didn't try to take her child. Not sure why they can take such tests without your permission but they do. They certainly should ask for all the meds you are taking like a "real" lab would when giving a urine test.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:50 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• A doctor not treating you the way you want to be treated isn't malpractice. Get the re-test, and make sure you tell them everything you are taking.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:32 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I worked in a treatment facility and some of. Our urine tests were coming back positive for drugs. Ask for a blood test. Hopefully you can work this out with your doctor.
    rebock

Answer by rebock at 1:38 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Definitely ask for a retest and be careful what you eat. If I remember correctly sesame seeds can give a false positive on a drug test. I would have to look it up again to be sure. I don't want to tell you wrong. There are certain foods though that can do that. And of course make sure they know about all meds you are taking.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:10 AM on Jan. 28, 2011