she wont eat

Well i normally give her juice mixed with water but now that im thinking bout it she does drink alot of liquids.... and the majority of the time she doesnt eat at all. wont try anything new she loves fried chicken but you have to take the breading off ...idk wat to do any more my husband tells me make her sit there till she eats. i tell her im going to give you a bath and go to bed if you dont eat and she says no. like for example heres a day in my life i wake up get her a cup of juice make us a bowl of cereal and have her sit with me. she wont eat but i try then we play watch cartoons lunch time i go cook shes not post to be in the kitchen which makes her mad today i made burritos. for her just hamburger meat and cheese and slices of tortillas. no eating then nap she does lay down with a cup of milk. she wakes up and play we go outside play with the dog then dinner her mi mi made ribs with baked potatos(potatos were a fav) she wouldnt touch it. after sitting in the chair for bout an hour mimi offered dry cereal!!!! what am i doing wrong here

inezsmomma

Asked by inezsmomma at 12:51 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ever thought her throat hurts? She might be teething. It could be anything. Just make sure she stays hydrated. She'll be fine. I wouldn't punish her for not eating. Just offer it to her. If she doesn't want it then give her more liquids. The next time you are at the doctor's office, ask about it.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:56 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• well shes been sick but she wont eat even if shes feeling great
    inezsmomma

Comment by inezsmomma (original poster) at 12:58 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• what's the dr say? is she slowly gaining? she'll eat when she's hungry UNLESS she's not gaining in which case the dr will either have you give her a supplement, do some tests, send you for feeding therapy, etc etc.

hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:59 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• My DD is the same way. Try limiting juice (only 1-2 cups per day). Switch her foods (ex. Try pears and peaches instead of apples and grapes, braunsweiger instead of hotdogs) she may just be bored with what she's eating. I was told that sometimes they don't eat if they aren't growing a lot. Also, my DD won't eat if she needs to poo. Don't know if yours is the same way.
    ShanAtoZ

Answer by ShanAtoZ at 2:11 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I also would reccommend limiting her juice intake but his is somewhat normal for her age. The growth slows down and she doesn't need as much food, My son went through the exact same thing and now he is eating me out of house and home and he is only 18 months. I have 11 children and they all went through times when they wouldn't eat. As long as he is healthy and gaining the proper amount of weight for age, I would worry about it too much.
    MelissaCarole

Answer by MelissaCarole at 3:50 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• It's normal. I wouldn't let her lay down with milk or juice, only water because it can cause the teeth to rot. Try new foods a lot and make them seem exciting. Let her in the kitchen for one meal each day and let her "help" you cook. Studies show if a kid helped make a meal they are more likely to eat it. Try yogurt. I haven't met a baby or toddler yet that didn't love YoBaby.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:57 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Juice is empty calories. Just give her water to drink; and more whole grains, vegetables and fruits

Answer by rkoloms at 7:37 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Fix a meal and sit down together as a family. When mealtime is over it is done no matter what she did or did not eat. Do not make her sit there. It is becoming a battle of wills. It happened in my family when my boys were little and it is one of the biggest mistakes we ever made. Take away all anger and frustration. If she eats fine, if not, don't worry. She will not starve. I would let her join you in the kitchen when you are cooking. Give her little tasks to do to help.........or pots, pans, and a mixing spoon to play with so she feels included. This in itself might help. You also might try those Happybaby organic foods in a pouch for snacks. They are nutritious and a treat. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:16 AM on Jan. 28, 2011