wanting to help pervent teen pregnancy

i want to help b/c i was a teen mom and i wish i had some one to help me by telling me what it would be like im now 24 with 3 small children and i want to make sure the ypung girls out there know that being a teen mom is not fun at all and it is a lot of responsabilty.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Jan. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• I was a teen mom, now 23 with 2 kids. I was never given the "sex talk" by my parents or anyone. Maybe it would've changed things if someone had, maybe not. People are going to make their own decisions and have to live with them. Sure I missed out on stuff but I wouldn't trade my kids for any of those things.
    Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 1:22 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Hi! I congratulate you on wanting to help the teens out there! I know there are a lot of girls out there who probably need to hear it. It can be very difficult being responsible for a child, although rewarding, especially if you're alone. Children are both joy and heartbreak, and we definitely carry the burden of being their world. We can only do the best for them, as they were not given the choice. I hope you can reach many!
    MaeMae65

Answer by MaeMae65 at 1:24 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I was a teen mom I am 23 with two children & two dead beat "sperm donors" I am the oldest of 6 children & i was never given the sex talk & I wish someone was there to tell me & help me make smarter choices maybe I wouldn't have been so naive, but having having someone there doesn't always work i had the talk with all my siblings more than once offered to buy condoms & get them on birth control & my 17 year old sister still ended up pregnant applause to you for wanting to do something to help good luck on your journey!

ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 3:26 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I was a teen mom too. I was given the "sex" talk and I babysat all the time plus I helped my mom with my 2 little sisters. I thought I was well prepared. I had also taken child develpment classes and child care classes in highschool. But nothing really prepared me to be the mother of my own child. I hadn't cared what anyone said. I thought I was different. That I could handle it.
    But it's very good to help teens learn that it's a lifetime committment and it's HARD.
    So I think it's good that you want to do that.
    MelissaCarole

Answer by MelissaCarole at 5:20 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I think that issue is that many teens, especially girls, no longer have the dreams and aspirations that were so common in the 1960s and 1970s. They don't want to go away to college; they don't want to backpack through Europe; they don't want to join the Peace Corp; they don't want careers and apartments and adventures. They have no vision of ever leaving their small world. It is incredibly sad.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:24 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Ok, not to be harsh, but your question itself is help. Stay in school! Learning how to spell will help raise your child. How do any of these kids stand a chance when the parents themselves cannot spell? I say your biggest message to young girls should be finish school!!!! Education is so important. Pass this along to your child. Make them better than you are. I think this is the best any of us can hope for.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

• You sound like me :) Good luck you should do great!!! Just find some teenage girls and love them ,hangout with them, and talk to them that should help them.Dont encourage the bad stuff in their lives but be nice about it.
    IloveJesus316

Answer by IloveJesus316 at 8:03 PM on Jan. 28, 2011